Investment Management for Expat Americans & Canadians:
Moving between Canada and the US creates a unique set of financial management challenges and useful advice is often difficult or expensive to obtain.
Questions that often arise:
- What do I do with RRSP and TFSA, or 401K and IRA accounts?
- How do I overcome regulatory hurdles?
- What are my tax reporting requirements to both CRA and the IRS?
- How should I juggle managing currency risk, minimize my tax bill, and build a sound retirement portfolio?
We provide a no-obligation 60 minute consultation in which we assess and suggest courses of action pertaining to your unique crossborder investment management circumstances.
Contact us to schedule a consultation.
In addition, in order to assist expats in better understanding these and other questions, we have compiled a number of informational resources.
How We Are Able to Assist You:
In addition to being licensed as Portfolio Managers in Canada, Pacifica Partners is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) in the US. We are experienced in Crossborder Investment Management, and have the ability to manage Canadian and US investments as a single integrated portfolio that is inline with a client's long term financial objectives. (To learn more about the benefits click here.)
Over the years we have assisted expats in overcoming Crossborder wealth management challenges. Our clients span numerous US States and Canadian Provinces and include professionals, executives, academics, athletes, families, and retirees.
Our Crossborder experience and knowledge has also been featured in national and international media.
Canadian and US Investment Accounts:
Our management proficiency and capabilities include the following common account types:
- Investment (or non-registered cash accounts)
- Registered Retirement Plans (RRSP and RRIF) and Locked-in Retirement Plans (LIRA)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) and Registered Education Plans (RESP)
- Individual Pension Plan (IPP) and Retirement Compensation Agreement Plans (RCA)
- Trust and Estate Accounts
- Investment (or cash accounts)
- Individual Retirement Accounts (Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA)
- Company 401K, SARSEP plans, 403B plans.
- Education Savings Accounts (ESA, Coverdell)
- Trust and Estate Accounts
Your accounts in both countries can be maintained in their home currency and managed as a single coordinated portfolio. Family accounts may also be managed using this approach, if desired.
Other benefits include:
Advice regarding the unique opportunities and risks borne by having Crossborder investments.
Helping to manage currency issues and matching currency with your future cash flow needs.
Comprehensive tax reporting (for both CDN and US returns) as well as meaningful tax and estate planning information.
Fee-only discretionary management with full transparency of all fees.
- Complimentary 60-minute consultation that includes a summary of major issues and actionable items.
Crossborder Investing one-page information report (available in html or pdf).
Moving to Canada one-page information report (available in html or pdf).
Moving to the US one-page information report (available in html or pdf).
- Crossborder FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
Please contact us to address any questions that you may have
about your unique Crossborder circumstances.